Thursday, December 25, 2008

Founder's Notes






      
 
Dear Friends of America's Troops,

It's Christmas Eve and I hope you are filled with the joy and giving spirit of this Season.  I'm sure you are, because you put that giving spirit into action all year 'round with your love for the troops.  From the youngest to the oldest, you have done so much to support our heroes and their families who sacrifice so much so that we can live in safety and comfort.

This week, I want to tell you about one of the younger of our volunteers who has done amazing work for the wounded and their families…


Christmas for the Wounded
Boy Scout Coordinates Party
Boy Scout C.J. Riley has done a wonderful thing for the wounded and their families at Brook Army Medical Center.  Showing great initiative, drive and leadership, he created an event to remember, full of fun, joy, good food, and fellowship.  Please click through to see the details of the wonderful party he led! [more]  

What a terrific young man!  And he's just one of so many who make me so proud of Soldiers' Angels!

Who knew 5 years later we would be here! This has been an extremely challenging year, filled with ups and downs, pain, tears smiles and achievements so small and so large forming a huge swell in morale throughout our military.

With the hope of Angels, filled with love for heroes, and standing wingtip to wingtip we have accomplished so many goals.  This year SA has sent out 140,000 Holiday packages and over 600,000 general care packages. We have helped with over half a million dollars in flights for families and heroes, and assisted many VA hospitals and families of deployed heroes, and so much more! Our teams are growing and getting stronger everyday, reaching out and accomplishing the mission they set forth and more.

…All because you cared, you stood and were counted. I do not know what the New Year will bring, but I know I walk to it with NO FEAR for I stand with the Angels, and you are the most honorable, the most staunch and the most beautimous beings.

May the holidays bring you the warmest of wishes, the most prosperoaus of futures, the most gentle of peace for our children, and the most Herculean of strength to our troops.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Wingtip to Wingtip, 

Patti Patton-Bader
Soldiers' Angels Founder and CEO 







     



No comments: