Sunday, April 19, 2009

Smile Newsletter: A Family Tradition Lives On


 
HelpOthers.org
Apr 19, 2009

"Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind." -- Eric Hoffer

Idea of the Week
"I ordered my first smile cards after sharing this site with my employees at our Chiropractic Office. We were planning a Patient Appreciation Day, which was schemed around Valentines Day. We always passed out carnations to everyone who came through our doors, along with the men to give to someone they cared for. This time though we tied on a smile card with colored ribbon. The response was so great and the number of smiles that left our office that day was remarkable. What is really remarkable is how many of those smile cards got passed on." --lisarae

[ share your story >> ]



Stories of the Week
You can also contribute comments on each story!
A Family Tradition Lives On >>
Handmade Hugs >>
Thanks For Rocking With Me! >>
More Stories >>


Comment of the Week
"On the 7th of April a friend of mine was killed in a car crash. I am about to go to her funeral this afternoon. I realised that I am not invincible and found that if I died tommorrow I had done little to be proud of in helping others. So I have decided to do something about it. Last night I wrote to a soldier in Iraq, today I am signing in here and printing off my smile cards. I will make my life something to be proud of and it will be worth while. That will be the legacy that my friend left me." --BWCub


What is a "smile card"? It's a game of kindness -- do something nice for someone and leave a card behind asking them to pay it forward. To date, 644,019 cards have been shipped without any charge.

The 'Smiles' newsletter is emailed to 66,221 subscribers with the intent of spreading more smiles in the world.
get smile cards | write to us


No comments: